I found this recipe at: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2015/07/cheesy-jalapeno-bacon-bread/ but have made the recipe alterations to make it gluten free.
Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Bread
This recipe is cheesy, flavorful and has a delicious kick of heat with a cream cheese spread to cool it down... it truly is INCREDIBLE and will be one of the most talked about appetizers!
|Image from: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2015/07/cheesy-jalapeno-bacon-bread/|
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 loaf french bread, baked and sliced lengthwise, or Pizza Crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup cooked and chopped gluten free bacon
- 2 Jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, microwave cream cheese for 1½ minutes on high. Stir until smooth. Add garlic and bacon and stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture over bread and sprinkle top with cheese. Top bread with sliced jalapeños.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and place bread on foil and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.