1 cup 250ml cold butter1 2/3 cup 400ml Gluten Free All Purpose flour blend
1/2 tsp 2ml Xanthan Gum
2/3 cup 150ml Cocoa Powder
3/4 cup 175ml icing sugar
1/4 tsp 1ml salt
1/2 cup 125ml granulated sugar
3/4 cup 175ml brown sugar
1/2 tsp 2ml salt
2/3 cup 150ml corn syrup
2/3 cup 150ml whipping cream
1 tsp 5ml vanilla extract
1/3 cup 75ml milk
1/4 cup 50ml melted butter
1 1/2 cup 375ml pecan halves
1/2 cup 125ml whipping cream
4 oz 110g chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1 TBSP 15ml corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Chocolate Pastry: Combine the butter, flours, cocoa, icing sugar and salt in food processor until crumbly and beginning to clump together. If the dough does not begin to form a ball in the food processor, add the water 1 TBSP at a time, and combine until the mixture holds together. Press into a 10” x 1 ¼ “ (25 cm x 3 cm) flan pan with removable bottom. Chill for 30 minutes. Line pastry with foil and pie weights or beans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until firm. Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- Filling: Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Mix the eggs, sugars, salt and syrup in large mixing bowl until combined but not frothy. Stir in remaining filling ingredients and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until filling is set. Cool completely.
- Topping: Cook the cream over medium heat in medium saucepan until bubbly. Remove from heat, stir in the chocolate and let rest for 10 minutes. Add the corn syrup and stir until smooth, and allow to cool. Mixture will be slightly thickened.
- Assembly: Dot the topping over the cooled
pie and swirl decoratively. Serve at room temperature or slightly cooled. Adapted from:http://www.robinhood.ca/Recipes/Pies-Pastries/Pies/Black-Bottom-Chocolate-Pecan-Pie